Shrivats Somany wins 2021 Race Wars India Season 3 | Race Rundown
The third season of Race Wars India was underway at the Support Paddock of the Buddh International Circuit. The event was organised by BND Motorsport which saw 80 entrants, over 250 runs, and some really interesting cars. Interestingly, Race Wars India is India’s only twin track tarmac autocross event. There was a wide range of cars in the event ranging from exotic sports cars like the Porsche 911, Cayman, Audi S6 to stock everyday cars like the Polo, Swift, and the Esteem.
The technical track, filled with twists, turns and fast short straights was laid out on the Support Paddock using cones. Drivers found the track challenging and fun to drive at the same time as they could push their exotic, stock or modified cars around a track under safe conditions. Cars twitched all throughout the circuit as drivers tried to swing them through the narrow circuit. Speaking of twitchy rear ends, there was also a drift exhibition by Sanam Sekhon and Gaurav Gill, which was the showstopper of the event. Gill was also the guest of honour at the Race Wars.
In the end, Shrivats Somany took the overall victory in the event using his Porsche 718 Cayman, beating rival Prateek Dalal in his Mini Cooper S JCW in the final showdown. Both had decent starts off the line, but as the course started to get twisty, it was Somany in his Cayman who started to build the gap on Prateek’s Mini Cooper. Even though the Mini was fitted with competition tyres, it was not fast enough through the corners as the mid-engined Cayman. In the end Somany won from Prateek by less than a tenth of a second. Vidit Jain came third overall in his Audi S6.
With that said, here are the overall results from the event.
1. Shrivats Somany | Porsche 718 Cayman | (81.819 seconds)
2. Prateek Dalal | Mini Cooper S JCW Kit | (82.714 seconds)
3. Vidit Jain | Audi S6
Modified Overall Finals
1. Achintya Mehrotra | Polo 1.0 TSI | (85.533 seconds)
2. Mohit Malik | Suzuki Ignis | (87.039 seconds)
3. Bharat Yadav | Polo 1.0 TSI
Stock Overall Finals
1. Vidit Jain | Audi S6 | (82.30 seconds)
2. Vinam Jain | Mini Cooper S JCW | (84.70 seconds)
3. Dhananjay Kataria | BMW M2 Competition
Ladies Overall Finals
1. Shivani Parmar | Polo 1.0 TSI | (92.490 seconds)
2. Amandeep Kaur | Suzuki Swift | (96.601 seconds)
3. Muskaan Jubbal | Suzuki Swift
1. Parth Wadhwa | Polo 1.2 TSI
2. Nikhil Poonacha | Mercedes AMG SLC
3. Aryaman Sharma | Renault Scala
This event was a thrilling opportunity for the drivers to bring out their exotic, modified and stock weapons to the track, pit them against one another and find out who is faster. Season 3 of Race Wars India was not only a competition for the participants, but it was also an outlet for them to test out the limits of their cars and to race under safe conditions. Now, all we can do is wait for Season 4 to arrive. For more news from the world of Indian motorsports, stay tuned to evo India!