TVS Racing wins big at the FMSCI National Championship Awards
It was a big day and special occasion for TVS Racing at the 2018 FMSCI National Championship Awards held in Mumbai today. FIA president Jean Todt and other top FMSCI officials were present at the awards ceremony. The homegrown factory racing outfit got the top spot in 12 out of 13 categories it participated, winning awards in Supercross, Rally, Drag Racing and Road racing classes.
TVS Racing won the “Best Team” and “Manufacturer of the Year” awards in the Super Sport Indian category (up to 165cc) in the Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship (INMRC). This is the 4th consecutive year that the team has won the two awards.
Factory riders K Jagan, Harith Noah, Imran Pasha, R. Nataraj, Rajendra RE and Aravind Ganesh received awards for their performances in the 2018 season. Aishwarya Pissay bagged the championship yet again in the Ladies class in the Indian National Rally Championship. Abdul Wahid Tanveer was conferred special recognition for his outstanding performance in international rallies in 2018.
Check out our motorsport category here
On winning awards in multiple categories, B. Selvaraj, Team Manager, TVS Racing said, “We are delighted to win the championships for almost all two-wheeler motorsport categories this year. With each passing season, we have consistently improved our performance to outperform our own past achievements and 2018 was another year of dominance. This gives us immense confidence to push harder, perform better and set new standards in the upcoming racing season.”
Here’s the list of awards won by the TVS Racing team:
MRF Mogrip FMSCI National supercross Championship 2018
- Group A – Foreign motorcycles up to 500cc 4 stroke riding RTR 300 FX (Rider: Harith Noah)
- Group C – Indian Experts up to 260cc riding Apache RTR 200 (Rider: Imran Pasha)
- Group C – Novice up to 260cc 4 stroke riding Apache RTR 200 (Rider: Imran Pasha)
MRF Mogrip FMSCI Indian National Rally Championship 2018 (INRC)
- Super Bike – Pro Expert – Motorcycles up to 600cc 4 stroke riding RTR 450 FX (Rider: R Nataraj)
- Super Sport Indian – Indian Motorcycles up to 260 4 stroke riding Apache RTR 200 (Rider: Rajendra R E)
- Super Sport Indian – Indian Motorcycles up to 165cc 4 stroke riding Apache RTR 165 (Rider: Imran Pasha)
- Ladies class – riding Apache RTR 200 (Rider: Aishwarya Pissay)
- Overall category – riding RTR 450 FX (R Nataraj – TVS Racing)
MRF MMSC FMSCI Indian National Motorcycle Racing Championship 2018
- Super Sport Indian up to 165cc 4 stroke riding Apache RTR 160 (Rider: K. Jagan)
- Best team in the Super Sport Indian up to 165cc category (TVS Racing)
- Best manufacturer in the Super Sport Indian up to 165cc category (TVS Motor Company)
Indian National Drag Racing Championship
- Super Sport Indian up to 165cc 4 stroke riding Apache RTR 160 (Rider: Aravind Ganesh)
- Abdul Wahid Tanveer for his outstanding performance in International Rallies
Congratulations TVS Racing on winning multiple awards! We wish the team best of luck for all the upcoming events.